Yummy appetizer for a party!! These were a hit for a recent get-together we had with friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, butter, and cayenne with a fork or in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2Stir in the cheese and knead by hand until the mixture holds together, adding a few drops of cold water if necessary.
- 3This mixture may be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen until ready to use.
- 4Roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch (5 mm) and cut into strips about 1/2 inch (1 cm wide) and 4 inches (10 cm) long.
- 5Sprinkle with coarse salt and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake in a preheated 450F (230C) until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 7Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheese Straws
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 579.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 23.3 g