Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not sure that you can get easier then this... and ohhhh so good. This is a great menu to make as a family and have the kids help. :) Chris, you can do this one!! <-- My Baby Boy
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus additional
- fresh basil, for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, basil, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush the edges of a wonton wrapper lightly with water.
- Fold the wrapper in half, making sure all the filling remains inside.
- Seal the edges by pinching.
- Continue with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Add salt to large pot of boiling water.
- Gently add the ravioli, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender, stirring gently.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over low heat, cook the tomato sauce.
- Using a large slotted spoon, place the ravioli into 4 individual bowls.
- Pour the sauce over each serving, and garnish with the additional basil.