Recipe by AlaskaPam
This is quick, easy and delicious! It could be made bite sized for an appetizer, or "roll-sized" to accompany any meal. You can use any cheese that you would like, but I would suggest a strong flavored cheese. Also add onions, garlic, herbs, or anything you would like for extra flavor! I think it would be delicious with a sharp cheddar and jalapenos!
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine water, milk, salt and butter in a medium pot. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and add flour all at once. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough ball.
- Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to cool just a bit. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in cheese and black pepper and any other herbs or additions.
- Drop batter in to desired sizes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake puffs for 20 minutes on top rack of oven until golden crisp.