1/2 Photos of Easy Cheese, Potato and Ham Soufflé
French Tart's Note:
Serve this as an impressive starter or a light main meal - it has an unsusual combination of cheese, ham and potatoes. Soufflés are easy to make - honestly! The only real criteria is that they are served immediately and that the bowl used for whisking the egg whites is oil and grease free.....but even that is not that essential. I sometimes add bacon instead of the ham - just brown and crisp it up first, and then crumble it before adding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions).
- 2- Use a food processor or a sieve to make the potatoes extremely smooth.
- 3- Separate the eggs.
- 4- Beat the egg yolks, cream, ham, cream and cheese into the potatoes.
- 5- Season to taste.
- 6- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the potato mixture.
- 7- Spoon into a well-buttered soufflé dish or casserole and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 8- Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheese, Potato and Ham Soufflé
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 915.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g