Recipe by JanuaryBride
We had this at Brennan's Wine Bar in St. Louis on Saturday night and loved it. Very simple, but I would have never thought to throw this together myself. It's sweet, savory, creamy and crunchy.. .we devoured it in no time flat!
- 3 ounces sliced drunken goat cheese
- 3 ounces sliced manchego cheese (may sub any sharp, sturdy white cheese)
- 20 onion flavored crackers
- 1⁄4 cup blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Get out a nice square platter and 2 small bowls (which fit on the platter).
- Place goat cheese fanned out in one corner.
- Fan the manchego out on the opposite corner.
- Place jam/preserves in one bowl and place in an empty corner of the plate.
- Then mix the seeds together in the remaining bowl and place in the opposite corner.
- Feel free to garnish the plate with fresh berries and mint if you have some.
- Place crackers on another plate and serve!
- Guests will take 1 cracker, put 1 piece of cheese on it, spread a small amt of jam on the cheese and top with a small sprinkling of the seed. DELISH! (NOTE: You can also serve them on a platter already made up in this manner).