Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great easy recipe for brunch or even supper! Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 cups bread cubes (3/4-inch)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Brown sausage, drain grease.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking 5 minutes, drain if needed.
- Set aside to cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in velveeta and bread cubes.
- Place in a greased 8" square baking dish.
- Beat milk and eggs.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Cover, refrigerate several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Uncover strata and bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions if desired.
Outstanding!! We had this for breakfast on Christmas morning . . . it made the day so much easier to have something ready I could just put in the oven.
this sounds so easy i think i will try it for christmas morning