Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from a cookbook published in Arkansas many years ago. If dough is too thick, add a little more milk. Cheeses can be whatever you have on hand; cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan, etc. I used a blend of all three.
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, Hellman's works just fine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- Mix together dry ingredients and mayonnaise, then add milk and mix.
- Add the grated cheese and mix.
- Grease a 12 muffin muffin pan and divide dough equally between.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
yum i just made thez
I made these tasty muffins to go with Famous Meatballs ,They were so moist and tender, Thanks for posting Dan. Made for PAC Spring 2010.