Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
I don't care for grits, but I love polenta! Who knew they were the same thing? This recipe is made of wholesome ingredients and is so easy. The jalapenos, if properly seeded, add a lot of flavor without added heat. Serve this alongside your tex-mex dishes in place of rice or potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk cornmeal into water, cook until cornmeal comes together and is creamy 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare peppers, and grate cheese.
- Add corn, pepper, cheese, butter, and salt. Butter a small-medium baking dish.
- Pour polenta into baking dish and bake 30-45 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.