Recipe by MommyMakes
I don't care for grits, but I love polenta! Who knew they were the same thing? This recipe is made of wholesome ingredients and is so easy. The jalapenos, if properly seeded, add a lot of flavor without added heat. Serve this alongside your tex-mex dishes in place of rice or potatoes.
- 5 cups water or 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coarse-ground cornmeal
- 1 ears of corn, shucked or 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk cornmeal into water, cook until cornmeal comes together and is creamy 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare peppers, and grate cheese.
- Add corn, pepper, cheese, butter, and salt. Butter a small-medium baking dish.
- Pour polenta into baking dish and bake 30-45 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.