I don't care for grits, but I love polenta! Who knew they were the same thing? This recipe is made of wholesome ingredients and is so easy. The jalapenos, if properly seeded, add a lot of flavor without added heat. Serve this alongside your tex-mex dishes in place of rice or potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Whisk cornmeal into water, cook until cornmeal comes together and is creamy 5-10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile prepare peppers, and grate cheese.
- 4Add corn, pepper, cheese, butter, and salt. Butter a small-medium baking dish.
- 5Pour polenta into baking dish and bake 30-45 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheese Jalapeno Baked Polenta (Grits)
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 610.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g