Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this recipe using my Kittencal's Cheddar Loaves or Buns but omit adding in the extra cheese into the dough, your own bread recipe will do fine or use a 1-pound frozen bread dough, thawed and at room temperature. These rolls dissappear before I even get them to the table lol! You can adjust the amount of garlic, we are garlic-lover's so I use lots!
- 7 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 lb) thawed frozen white bread dough (or use your favorite recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 3 -5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese (for the tops)
- In a small bowl mix together softened butter with fresh garlic and 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface pat, roll or stretch the dough into about a 12 x 16-inch rectangle (does not have to measure exactly, if the dough springs back let rest a couple of minutes, then continue to shape the dough).
- Spread the butter/garlic mixture evenly over the top of the dough, then sprinkle about 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- From the 16-inch edge, roll up the dough tightly as possible to enclose the filling.
- Slice the dough crosswise into 16 equal-size rolls.
- Place the cut side of the dough into a buttered 13 x 9-inch baking dish (preferably dark metal, but glass will do!) spacing the dough.
- Cover the baking pan with a clean tea towel, then allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tops of the dough with about 3-5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden, sprinkling about 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese on the last 5-7 minutes of baking.
- Using a wide spatula lift out the rolls from the pan and serve warm.
Very good and great with lasagna. We used the frozen bread dough for very easy and quick rolls. Thanks for sharing!
Bread baking is what I do best,so Iam always looking for new recipes.Theses are so pretty and fun to make.Italian blend cheese worked well here. I used my own bread dough,but am sure the frozen would work fine.Thank you for the recipe.