Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this recipe using my Kittencal's Cheddar Loaves or Buns but omit adding in the extra cheese into the dough, your own bread recipe will do fine or use a 1-pound frozen bread dough, thawed and at room temperature. These rolls dissappear before I even get them to the table lol! You can adjust the amount of garlic, we are garlic-lover's so I use lots!
- 7 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 lb) thawed frozen white bread dough (or use your favorite recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 3 -5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese (for the tops)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together softened butter with fresh garlic and 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface pat, roll or stretch the dough into about a 12 x 16-inch rectangle (does not have to measure exactly, if the dough springs back let rest a couple of minutes, then continue to shape the dough).
- Spread the butter/garlic mixture evenly over the top of the dough, then sprinkle about 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- From the 16-inch edge, roll up the dough tightly as possible to enclose the filling.
- Slice the dough crosswise into 16 equal-size rolls.
- Place the cut side of the dough into a buttered 13 x 9-inch baking dish (preferably dark metal, but glass will do!) spacing the dough.
- Cover the baking pan with a clean tea towel, then allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tops of the dough with about 3-5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden, sprinkling about 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese on the last 5-7 minutes of baking.
- Using a wide spatula lift out the rolls from the pan and serve warm.