Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe I once found in a magazine years ago. These are Turkish cheese-filled pastries made the easy way. Normally, they take hours to make if you have to make the dough. But they are tasty either way.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese with chives, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 drops liquid red pepper seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesrefrigerated crescent rolls
- Blend together cream cheese, Parmesan, Worcestershire and pepper-seasoning; reserve.
- Unroll refrigerated crescent rolls- do not separate at the perforations-then pat each of the 8 pieces so that it is as square as possible.
- Cut each piece in half.
- Place 2 tsp.
- of the cheese mixture down the center of each piece of dough.
- Roll as if for a jelly roll to enclose your filling.
- Seal edges by crimping firmly with the tines of a fork.
- Place boreks seam side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* uncovered, for about 15 min.
- or until browned.
- Serve hot.