Cook1 hr 10 mins
Less time to prepare than blintzes. Recipe is from The Jewish Holiday Cookbook by Gloria Kaufer Greene
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 lb farmer cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sour cream or yogurt
- blueberries or strawberries or cherries, heated with sweetener
- fruit preserves, with a dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a blender or mixer, combine the batter ingredients until very smooth.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into a greased 9X13 baking pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, comine the filling ingredients and mix well.
- When bottom layer of batter has set, remove the baking pan from the oven and smoothly spread the cheese filling over it.
- Briefly remix the remaining batter and then gently pour it over the filling, covering it completely.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue to bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed, set, and browned.
- Remov the Blintz Puff from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into squares.
- Serve immediately, plain or with toppings.