1/1 Photo of Easy Cheese Blintz Puff
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Less time to prepare than blintzes. Recipe is from The Jewish Holiday Cookbook by Gloria Kaufer Greene
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 lb farmer cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2With a blender or mixer, combine the batter ingredients until very smooth.
- 3Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into a greased 9X13 baking pan.
- 4Bake for about 10 minutes or until set.
- 5Meanwhile, comine the filling ingredients and mix well.
- 6When bottom layer of batter has set, remove the baking pan from the oven and smoothly spread the cheese filling over it.
- 7Briefly remix the remaining batter and then gently pour it over the filling, covering it completely.
- 8Return the pan to the oven and continue to bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed, set, and browned.
- 9Remov the Blintz Puff from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into squares.
- 10Serve immediately, plain or with toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheese Blintz Puff
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 213.5 mg
- Sodium 339.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 24.4 g