Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother's recipe, simple to make, but folks always think I really went to some trouble. I usually make 3 or more of these just after Thanksgiving to have on hand to take to potlucks etc. They keep really well. Also, you can put this in a mold, like at Christmas - a tree mold etc, for a festive touch.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, finely minced
- garlic granules (or fresh minced)
- dried parsley, as garnish
- Let cream cheese soften at least an hour at room temperature.
- Add water chestnuts and garlic - I've never measured this, but my guess is about 2 heaping teaspoons.
- Mix well (ok - I admit it, I use my hands, it's just easier).
- Shape into a ball and place in airtight container.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Before serving coat outside with with parsley.
- Serve with bland crackers - pretty much anything works, but well -- everything tastes better on a Ritz.