Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy, simple to make recipe. Good for lunch or as a side dish. Prep time includes standing time.
- 4 slices soft white bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- Butter a 9-inch square or other shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish; arrange bread in an even layer, cutting slices to fit over bottom of pan.
- With a fork or whisk, beat together eggs, milk, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; stir in shredded cheddar cheese, then pour over bread; set aside and let egg mixture set for 15 minutes at room temperature (to soak into bread).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; Bake for 30 minutes or until top is fuffed and lightly browned; sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top if desired, serve hot, enjoy.
Not my favorite. A little on the runny-watery side, and probably would have been better had I added some crumbled bacon or sausage.