Recipe by Julie in TX
This is a good meatless dish, but if you prefer meat, you can add diced boiled chicken.. The amount of prep time it takes depends on how quickly you can roll tortillas.
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
I enjoyed this meal. I left off the green chilies and green onions due to personal preference. I also added about a pound of chopped mushrooms which I had sweated for a few minutes prior to adding to the mixture. I used some bits and pieces of leftover cheeses to use up what I had on hand and add some extra flavor. Overall, the meal came out great and I would make it again. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 16-20 corn tortillas
- 3 (680.38 g) carton sour cream
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (226.79 g) canchopped green chilies
- 680.38 g grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Dip corn tortillas in hot oil for 2-3 seconds to soften them.
- Drain on paper towels until cool.
- Mix the sour cream, soup and green chilies.
- Spread about 1 cup of the sour cream mixture over the bottom of a 9" X 13" X 2" baking pan.
- Place some grated cheese& chopped onion about 1 inch from the edge of a softened tortilla.
- You'll need to experiment to get exactly the right amount of filling.
- Too much filling and the tortilla won't roll.
- Too little filling and you'll mostly taste corn tortilla.
- It will probably take about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold the edge over the filling and roll it tightly.
- Place the filled tortilla in the pan, seam side down.
- Continue rolling the tortillas and place them side by side in the pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Top with the remaining onion and cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.