Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This mac & cheese recipe is creamy and delicious. I just made a batch and several spoonfuls were so good, they didn't even make it to the oven. If you were tight on time, you could skip the breadcrumbs and oven baking and be done as quickly as the boxed kind. My children devour this!
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (385 ml) can evaporated milk
- 125 g imperial cheese
- 4 Kraft processed cheese slices
- 2 slices bread, grated into crumbs
- salt & pepper
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk together to make a roux.
- Add evaporated milk and continue to heat and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add Imperial cheese and cheese slices.
- Whisk until melted.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, if desired.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or just until bubbly.