Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a perfect luncheon dish! You will need a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, I used fresh sliced mushrooms in place of canned that I sauteed firstly when I made this, and I also added in a small chopped red bell pepper but that is optional. If you use more than 1 cup sauteed fresh mushrooms I suggest to use a 10-inch pie plate instead of 9-inch and roll the puff pastry out a little larger.
- 1 puff pastry sheet (use half of a 17-ounce package)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms, very well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- seasoning salt, and
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet to an 11-inch square, then transfer to prepared pie plate; trim edges.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the half and half and eggs; beat until combined.
- Squeeze out any moisture in the thawed spinach well using you hands before adding inches.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Pour into puff pastry crust.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or to taste).
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
With mushrooms, spinach and cheese: very much my sort of favourite recipe! I made this pretty much to the recipe, except for using fresh mushrooms and adding a generous handful of baby spinach leaves to the thoroughly squeeze-dried frozen spinach. I also added 4 cloves of minced garlic and a teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves. Very yummy; very re-makeable! 8 serves? 6 people made short work of this at a family dinner by coming back for seconds, even though there were several other dishes. Thank you for another really easy to make winner, Kitten!
Made this for a main dish at Christmas for my DS who is vegetarian. Everyone at dinner thoroughly enjoyed this. I used sauteed fresh mushrooms. Thanks so much.
Fabulous! We loved this recipe. The only changes I made were: small white onion chopped and sauteed instead of green onion (personal preference). I sauteed a clove of minced garlic with the onion. Will make again!!