Recipe by littleturtle
Savory side dish flavored with a blend of garlic, cheese, and parsley. You can make this a main dish by adding some diced chicken, turkey, or ham.
Top Review by Tornado Ali
This did not turn out so well. My husband said the texture was "like egg foo young gone bad." It was almost like a mix between quiche and rice, and those two things just shouldn't go together. The taste was pretty bland - although I did use a mixture of swiss and muenster (had to use it up) instead of the cheddar; this is why I'm giving it three stars instead of two, since I changed an ingredient. It might work better to use less eggs, more garlic - I'm not sure, but it just didn't work for us.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups long grain rice (cooked)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (optional) or 2 cups turkey (optional) or 2 cups ham, diced (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, and saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow, greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered until knife inserted near center comes out clean (40-45 minutes).