1/1 Photo of Easy Cheddar Potato Cakes (Made With Instant Potatoes)
If you looking for ways to use your instant potato flakes then here is a really great recipe! feel free to adjust all amounts to taste, this takes only minutes to make and my family loves them, don't try this recipe using regular mashed potatoes, it will not work --- this recipe was tested using Idahoan brand mashed potato flakes but I am sure any brand will work fine, servings is only estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal cornmeal
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1In a bowl combine the first 9 ingredients.
- 2In another bowl mix the milk with egg and melted butter whisk until well combined; add to the dry mixture; mix well.
- 3Let mixture stand for about 10-12 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Using slightly wet hands tightly shape into small balls (about 2 tablespoons) place into hot oil then press down lightly with back of a spoon).
- 6Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until browned adding in more oil as needed.
- 7Remove to paper towels.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheddar Potato Cakes (Made With Instant Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: