Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really great tater recipe, it's one I have been making for a long time, not only is it easy to make it's so good! You really don't have to have the exact amounts for this recipe, throw in another potato if desired, use as much cheese as as you like!
- 4 large russet potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt for this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (or to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) or 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking sish.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, and place in the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme until the butter is melted.
- Drizzle over potatoes.
- Cover, and bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Yummy and cheesy potatoes with a great onion flavor. I halved the recipe, but used 2 medium russets. Baked in a 1 quart casserole dish in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then added the cheese on top and baked for another 15 minutes.
We liked this dish. I really liked the thyme in there. The only thing I did different was to bake at 350 because 425 seemed a bit high to me. Thanks for posting.
MMMM! Comfort food. My hubby and I gobbled these up, my kids don't like potatoes, so honey and I had to eat them all....too bad! I also added s little more cheese to the top. Thanks for a keeper. Easy and Yummy with stuff I already have. Love It!