Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made this super simple cheese sauce to serve with steamed broccoli. Pour it on top or use it as a dip. You can't go wrong either way. I used sharp cheddar cheese, but a stronger or milder version of cheddar would be a fine substitute. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together milk, flour and garlic powder.
- Heat milk mixture, stirring often, until it begins to steam and thicken. DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in shredded cheese and black pepper. Continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.