Recipe by awalde
A cheap homemade mixture for a fast and delicious spiced black tea. I got this spice mix recipe in Jodhpur (India). I use this mix in my office, where we get hot water, but we don't have the possibility to cook. At home I prefere to boil (5 minutes!) the tea in an mix of water and fresh milk with these spices added. The qualitiy of the ingredients and the spices is relevant!
Top Review by littlemafia
It made a nice drink,though the powdered milk flavor came through more than I wanted too.Creamer might be better,or increasing the amount of spices might work too. But a good replacement when out of milk.
- 2 cups powdered milk or 2 cups non-dairy coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the above ingredients and store in tightly closed jars.
- Instructions for the tea preparetion:.
- Prepare your black tea as usual (I like it very strong!).
- Remove the black tea bag.
- Add two teaspoons of the spiced mixture per serving cup.
- This tea will be better if you boil all together again (for example in the microwave).
- Add sugar other sweetener as desired. If you want add more milk; This depends only on your taste!
- Enjoy (time does not include tea preparation).
- Note: You can add 1-2 sugar cups directly in the mixture. Add 3 or more teaspoons mixture per cup.