Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Kraft. Great side dish!
- 1 lb large cauliflower floret
- 1 lb large broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in 2-qt. microwaveable dish. Add water; cover. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minute or until vegetables are tender; drain. Set aside.
- Microwave cream cheese and milk in 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup or medium bowl 1 minute or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Add sour cream; mix well. Pour over vegetables; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Microwave 2 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over vegetables.
Steaming the veggies in the microwave really cuts down on time (and dishes). I made this just as written but baked it in the oven for 20 minutes (instead of microwave for 2 minutes) after topping with the cheeses. It's nice and cheesey, but not over-sauced. Thanx for a great new, easy veggie side dish!
This was super delish! Everyone loved it. I didnt have crackers so i did without and i used broccoli only bc thats what i had but I will be making this with cauliflower as well. I also added a clove of minced garlic which added a nice kick. Thanks for this amazing recipe i will be making his over and over again!
Our family really enjoyed this too! Soo super quick, very creamy & yummy! i broiled mine in the over just to give it some crunch. delicious!