With your favorite pizza dough from scratch or even store bought, why not start making time for great food and fun with your family and friends! Pizza in Cast Iron may appear daunting, but I assure you once you have tried this; you may just never make pizza another way!
- 1 pizza crust
- 6 -8 ounces pizza sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 4 ounces sausage
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces onions (chopped)
- 2 ounces green chili peppers (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Roll out crust to fit a 16 inch Cast Iron Pan of choice.
- Spoon Sauce evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle 2 of 4 ounces of Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Spread even layer of pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, Chile's, and garlic.
- Add remaining cheese over top of pizza.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano.
- Bake at 400 for 35-45 min until top is to YOUR liking. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minute Remove from Pan and slice!
- (Red Pepper flakes are for those who wish as a condiment).