Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Vegetarian Times. This has cumin for a different taste.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is really tasty and easy! I might add a tad more cumin next time, though, because we love the flavor. I think if you don't like cumin, nutmeg would be a nice addition. I did the one-quart version, and it took about an hour to bake. Went well with a pot roast and roasted potatoes.
- 3 lbs carrots, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375° and coat 6 creme brulee dishes or 1 one-quart gratin dish with cooking spray.
- Puree carrots in food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, pepper and cumin, and pulse until combined.
- Spread mixture in prepared dishes and bake 35 to 40 minutes for brulee dishes or approximately 1 hour for 1-quart dish, or until tops are brown and crispy. Serve hot.