Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the best carrot cake I have ever had--I really love this one.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, salt, cinnamon, eggs, water, and oil in a large bowl; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping side of bowl frequently.
- Stir in carrots, raisins, and pecans.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until layers test done.
- cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove and cool the rest of the way on wire racks.
- Frost with your favorite orange frosting and garnish with pecan halves.