Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great side dish, you can double the recipe if desired.
- 8 cups sliced carrots, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sauteed (or use cannned mushrooms, drained)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter for about 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add in cooked carrots, cream of mushroom soup, sauteed mushrooms and Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste; mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes.