Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
There are so many versions of this recipe, but I found slight variations in Mom's recipe.
Make and share this Easy Carrot Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs, beaten until light
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Mix ingredients in order.
- Bake in 11 X 15 pan at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or in ten-inch tube cake pan for 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese topping over cake.
- Mom's note: I tried half recipe of topping and it was plenty.