Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made up this recipe for Pork Carnitas using leftover shredded pork. It was fast to make and tasted great - as good as any burrito restaurant.
- 2 cups cooked shredded pork
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 -6 tortillas
- salad greens
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Reheat cooked rice with 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer rice until all liquid is absorbed.
- Cook shredded pork in pan with remaining chicken broth, garlic, green chilis, cumin, chili powder, pepper and red pepper (optional) for 15 - 20 minutes. Can add additional chicken broth if needed.
- Serve pork and rice with tortillas and top as you like with other ingredients.
Being Big Green Egg owners, we are always looking for awesome recipes for shredded pork leftovers. And. This. Was. Awesome. The only thing we changed was, after letting all of the pork simmer for 20 minutes, we heated up a skillet on high with some veggie oil and fried half of the pork for 5 minutes or so (to give a portion of the meat a different texture). I definitely recommend this addition.