Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made up this recipe for Pork Carnitas using leftover shredded pork. It was fast to make and tasted great - as good as any burrito restaurant.
- 2 cups cooked shredded pork
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 -6 tortillas
- salad greens
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Reheat cooked rice with 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer rice until all liquid is absorbed.
- Cook shredded pork in pan with remaining chicken broth, garlic, green chilis, cumin, chili powder, pepper and red pepper (optional) for 15 - 20 minutes. Can add additional chicken broth if needed.
- Serve pork and rice with tortillas and top as you like with other ingredients.