Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in the City Times newspaper in an article titled "Spice Up Your Life" dated June 17th'03. I was thrilled when I tried this on my mom few days back and it gave her terrific relief from her headache. Being someone who totally dislikes having pills, tonics and applying ointments and balms, I am one happy girl to have such an easy recipe on hand, that drives away headaches and is much cheaper on my pocket than what pills, tonics and other medicines would cost. The wonders of spices are so good, indeed! Try it, and let me know!
- Heat water in a large pot.
- While the water is heating, put cardamoms in a mixer and powder for a good 2 minutes.
- Once the water starts boiling, add freshly powdered cardamoms to it.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a towel and wrap it around your head in such a way that it covers your head completely.
- Use a big towel.
- Lower your head into the pot and inhale the steam of this cardamom scented hot water.
- Very soon, your headache will be gone!
- This is an easy remedy to drive away headaches!
- You don't even have to have IbuProfen (Brufin) now!
Steam inhalation is a safe and by no means unusual procedure to relieve colds so the method should not prevent anyone from trying this remedy. You don't have to dunk your head in boiling water but bend down and hold it close to the pot - only as close as you can. But perhaps the instructions are misleading. I have not tried it myself - I hope I don't have to! It sounds great though, and I'm giving it 5 stars so that people will not get a wrong impression from the 1 star rating.
I am prone to headaches, but I don't think that I want to wrap my whole head in a towel and stick it in boiling water to inhale the steam.