Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This isn't as heavy as a cream sauce. If you can't find pancetta, you can use bacon, just remember to drain the fat off after cooking.
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or 8 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 slices pancetta, cut into small squares
- 4 tablespoons vermouth or 4 tablespoons white wine
- 16 ounces spaghetti or 16 ounces linguine, al dente
- 1 hard-boiled egg, , chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine butter, shallot and pancetta in a small skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until the shallot is tender.
- Add the vermouth, stir and cook until it has almost evaporated.
- Reduce heat to warm.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce to coat.
- Top pasta with egg, parmasan and parsley.