Miss Erin's Note:
This isn't as heavy as a cream sauce. If you can't find pancetta, you can use bacon, just remember to drain the fat off after cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or 8 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 slices pancetta, cut into small squares
- 4 tablespoons vermouth or 4 tablespoons white wine
- 16 ounces spaghetti or 16 ounces linguine, al dente
- 1 hard-boiled egg, , chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Combine butter, shallot and pancetta in a small skillet.
- 2Cook over medium heat until the shallot is tender.
- 3Add the vermouth, stir and cook until it has almost evaporated.
- 4Reduce heat to warm.
- 5Add cooked pasta to sauce to coat.
- 6Top pasta with egg, parmasan and parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 144.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: