A friend in New Zealand taught me this recipe. It's great because anyone can make it & there are only two ingredients.
- 250 g Cadbury Caramello chocolate bars, broken into squares (I think Hershey make caramello chocolate in the USA)
- 300 ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly until there are no lumps.
- Add 150ml of the cream and stir to combine.
- Put to one side until the mixture is cool (I have even cheated if I am in a hurry& put this in the fridge/freezer, but just watch it doesn't freeze otherwise it will be ruined).
- When cool, whip the remaining cream in a bowl.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream, and fold until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge until set.
- You can also pour this into individual ramekins if you are having a dinner party, and then garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.
- This is really quite rich so a little goes a long way.
- You can also use mint chocolate (with a flowing centre) but the caramello tastes much better.