This is the best chicken I have ever made or eaten in my life. It is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and is great for a quick, yet still fancy, meal.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper onto the chicken.
- In a medium to large sized skillet (I like cast iron) heat the oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Add the chicken breasts and garlic to the pan and brown the first side of chicken, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brown the other side, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add the brown sugar to the pan.
- Allow the sugar to melt about half way and add the cream.
- Bring to a bubble and add chicken back to pan
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes and serve over butter egg noodles or rice.
This was fantastic! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the cooking time wasn't long enough for the chicken to cook through and I had to microwave it. Also, don't add the garlic so early it burns up. The flavor though.... mmmmm good!
Nice quick and easy chicken recipe! I used thin-sliced, boneless skinless breasts and I think the cook time would have been too short if I hadn't. I used fat-free half-and-half with good results. I thought the garlic cut the sweetness of the sauce enough, although I did also season generously with salt and pepper. This makes a good weeknight meal when you need something quick - thanks for posting the recipe!
My sister was skeptical about the thought of 'caramelized' chicken, but even she was converted. She loved it, and so did I!