Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream, it's almost like eating apple pie without the crust, so yummy! This can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead, just rewarm slightly before serving.
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 lbs apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Golden Delicious are best for this)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the melted butter; stir until sugar begins to melt (about 1 minute).
- Add in chopped apples; saute and stir apples until browned and tender and juices form (about 10 minutes).
- Add in whipping cream; simmer until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Cool slightly the serve with vanilla ice cream.