Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are so easy to make that my 12-year-old has prepared them as a treat for weekend breakfasts or snacks.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11 ounces refrigerated breadstick dough
- Heat oven to 350°F In an ungreased 8-inch round pan, mix brown sugar and whipping cream. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Unroll breadstick dough, but do not separate into breadsticks. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over dough. Roll up dough from short end; separate at perforations. Place coiled dough in pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Place serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Let pan remain there 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over rolls.
This is sooooooo goooood!!!! I used the dough I always make from scratch and used brown sugar in place of white inside the rolls themselves. They turned out so rich and gooey!
I love the idea of the breadsticks! I've used the frozen bread dough, the only problem is you have to remember to thaw it, let it raise etc. This is so much easier! My caramel topping is the same except I use vanilla ice cream instead of the whipping cream. I always have ice cream in the freezer but dont usually have whipping cream.
My husband LOVES these. So easy and quick and taste so good! We prefer no nuts....