Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
4 ingredients,most you may already have.I just love recipes like this.Very easy,and yummy!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Awesome recipe! It's hard to believe that something this flavorful is the product of mere sugar, salt, and vanilla. The texture is really smooth and wonderful, too. Just two things to keep in mind: 1) it's easy to overcook the caramel, so you probably want to remove is from the heat pretty quickly after the sugar carmelizes, and 2) follow OceanIvy's advice to pour the water CAREFULLY into the pan (it's really hot, and it could spit some caramel at you). Next time I make this, I'll probably add some intant coffee powder, too. Yum!
Directions See How It's Made
- In dry heavy saucepan,cook sugar,alone,undisturbed;over moderate heat until it begins to melt.
- Continue cooking,stirring with a fork,until it is melted completely& a deep caramel.
- Remove from heat& carefully add water down side of pan.
- Return to heat& cook caramel,stirring,until dissolved completely.
- Stir in salt& vanilla extract& chill until cold.
- Freeze sorbet in an ice-cream maker.