This is habit-forming, it is soooo good and so simple to make, you can also use unskinned almonds or use whatever nut you desire --- you may also add 1/3 cup molasses for a stronger caramel flavor :)
- Set oven to 250 degrees F.
- Put the popped corn in a large bowl.
- Melt the margarine (or butter) stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Then boil for 5 minutes WITHOUT stirring (this is important DO NOT stir for 5 minutes!).
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Add in the nuts and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over popped corn in bowl; mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Transfer to a large greased roasting pan, and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven then cool.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in a tightly covered tin box.