Recipe by SuzyQ in Seattle
I like to make this for football parties or for any casual get togethers. It turns out great every time! Make it ahead of time and put it in zip-lock bags to keep fresh and crunchy.
Top Review by Ambervim
Way easy. Way good. I used air popped corn. Then I melted buter, sugar & molasses in a big soup pot, big enough to hold all the popcorn and mixed it in that. Only took 10 minutes in oven. Do not use top rack as it might burn. I did add kosher salt after it came out of the oven. Molasses is good but not needed.
- 18 cups popped popcorn, use light butter microwave popcorn
- 1 cup salted peanuts, could also use honey roasted instead
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pop the popcorn and distribute it evenly between 2 large baking sheets with rims.
- Divide the peanuts in half and sprinkle on top of the popcorn.
- In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and molasses.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over the 2 sheets of popcorn, distributing it as evenly as possible.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, gently turning the popcorn with a large spatula every 3 minutes.
- As it bakes, the caramel will melt and cover the popcorn evenly.