I like to make this for football parties or for any casual get togethers. It turns out great every time! Make it ahead of time and put it in zip-lock bags to keep fresh and crunchy.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pop the popcorn and distribute it evenly between 2 large baking sheets with rims.
- Divide the peanuts in half and sprinkle on top of the popcorn.
- In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and molasses.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over the 2 sheets of popcorn, distributing it as evenly as possible.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, gently turning the popcorn with a large spatula every 3 minutes.
- As it bakes, the caramel will melt and cover the popcorn evenly.