Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious rich pie takes very little time to put together! I have made this pie on many occasions it is so good, just make certain that the pie is completely cooled or refrigerate until cold or it will not slice well. The crust/s may be made up to a week in advance and kept frozen. May I suggest, you better make two of these lol!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes!)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (use 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps corn syrup for filling)
- 10 ounces pecan halves (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- whipped cream
- For the crust: blend all the ingredients in a processor.
- Press the crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Cover the crust and freeze while preparing the filling.
- To make the filling: set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; bring to a boil, stirring, boil 1 minute.
- Stir in the nuts and whipping cream; boil until mixture thickens slightly (about 3 minutes) remove from heat.
- Add in chopped chocolate; stir until chocolate melts and the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the hot filling into the prepared crust.
- Distribute the pecans evenly (as best you can) using a spoon.
- Bake until the filling bubbles all over (about 10 minutes).
- Cool completely or refrigerate.
- Serve with a dollup of whipped cream on each slice.
SO DELICIOUS!! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit! I can't figure out if I love the chocolate crust or the pecan filling better! Very rich, but very good and very simple to make. Thanks for the great recipe- it will be a staple for my Thanksgiving desserts!
I have to agree. Two of these is a good idea. This went in no time flat when I made it for a family outing! Sweet and delicious served with a nice French Vanilla ice cream!
Thid is definitely a 5 star recipe. It is incredibly easy and absolutely delicious. I get rave reviews whenever I bring this to a party. I made one small change in the recipe. I press the crust crumbs in the bottom of an 8" Spring Form pan vs the pie plate. It looks like a torte when I remove the Spring Form pan. I serve it with a scoop of Vanilla icecream which makes it totally over the top. One of my favorite recipes!