Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe a while back and was going to make them this week. I thought I'd share the recipe here. The mixture melts together forming brickle-type "cookie" like bars--a little granola-like. It is important to watch these carefully as ovens differ--you don't want to over cook. Wait until edged are brown and crispy 8)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease a 9x13-inch cookie sheet.
- Over low heat, melt butter.
- Remove from burner, adding in the salt, baking powder, vanilla and oats.
- Combine mixture well.
- Firmly press into the cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, until firm, not crumbly!
- Cut while hot.