1/3 Photos of Easy Caramel Flan (Creme Caramel)
C. Taylor's Note:
This is so good and so easy. I found this recipe after my husband started getting nostalgic about his years spent in Northern Spain. He absolutely loves it when I make it and thinks it's very close to what he would get in Spain. It comes together quick since you barely need to measure anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Brown sugar in a saucepan till a medium dark golden brown, but not burnt and then QUICKLY transfer to the bottom of a pie plate(you may add a few tablespoons of water to help it melt).
- 3In a large bowl beat the eggs and then add the 2 cans of milk and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- 4Pour mixture into pie plate.
- 5Using a larger pan that the pie plate will fit in, fill half way with the boiling water, place in oven, and then place pie plate in the middle of the large pan.
- 6Bake for approximately 45 - 55 minutes. The center should be soft and firm but not liquidly.
- 7Let cool and then after running a knife around the edge to seperate, flip over onto a serving dish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Caramel Flan (Creme Caramel)
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 147.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g