Recipe by C. Taylor
This is so good and so easy. I found this recipe after my husband started getting nostalgic about his years spent in Northern Spain. He absolutely loves it when I make it and thinks it's very close to what he would get in Spain. It comes together quick since you barely need to measure anything.
Top Review by mango.nori
I am an 11 year old kid that tried the recipe...I would have given you a FIVE...EXCEPT for the fact that you did not include clear units visible beside the oven temperature. I almost burnt it because I used celcius. Even though it mentioned VERY briefly that they were in US units, I think it would be better if you made more clear. Thanks, A. Nonny Mouse (I can't type my name for safety reasons)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- boiling water, for baking in
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Brown sugar in a saucepan till a medium dark golden brown, but not burnt and then QUICKLY transfer to the bottom of a pie plate(you may add a few tablespoons of water to help it melt).
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and then add the 2 cans of milk and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Using a larger pan that the pie plate will fit in, fill half way with the boiling water, place in oven, and then place pie plate in the middle of the large pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 - 55 minutes. The center should be soft and firm but not liquidly.
- Let cool and then after running a knife around the edge to seperate, flip over onto a serving dish.