Recipe by KaraRN
Starts off with refrigerated cookie dough, can't get any easier than this! Recipe from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks Cookies and Bars Sept 2003.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagepillsbury ready to bake refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (Big deluxe classics 12 cookies)
- 12 chewy chocolate-covered caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For each cookie, shape 1 unbaked cookie around 1 caramel candy, covering completely.
- Place cookies, with thickest part of dough down, 2 /2 inches apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and shortening. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir; continue microwaving, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted and can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set before storing.
- Note: Can bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheet if you are worried about the caramel coming out. If caramel does come out, allow to cool before trying to remove from sheet.