Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You will need a large glass 14-ounce trifle bowl or a large glass dessert bowl for this. Purchase the regular size candy bars for this, you can really just use as many bars as you wish. I just purchased the small pudding cups and used them as I could not find a large tub of ready made chocolate pudding. This is a perfect dessert to serve for a dinner party as it can be prepared 24 hours in advance. Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. Chilling time is cooking time.
Top Review by Manami
The recipe was more than a great success, it was wonderfully awesome! I didn't get too much of the trifle because everyone was too busy taking some for themselves! We had enough money to buy the ingredients for 2 trifles and that was what was made! The problem was that we had to feed it to the DR lunch crowd as well as the administration and it was all gobbled up, rather quickly! To add insult to injury - it was served with fresh strawberries as a garnish. Lovely! Thanks for posting Carol, Diane
- 1 (12 ounce) prepared angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1⁄2 cup purchased caramel ice cream topping (I used Smuckers for this)
- 4 -5 chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped (purchase the regular-size bars, Skor or Crispy Crunch is good)
- 1 (22 ounce) container prepared chocolate pudding
Directions See How It's Made
- In a trifle or glass bowl spread about 1/3 of the cake cubes over bottom.
- In a large bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the caramel topping.
- Spoon HALF of the caramel whipping cream mixture over the cake cubes in the bowl(it does not have to cover all the cake cubes totally).
- Sprinkle half of the chopped candy bars over the whipped cream.
- Scatter another third of the cake cubes over the cream and chocolate bar layer.
- Spoon the prepared chocolate pudding over the cake cubes.
- Scatter the remaining cake cubes over the pudding.
- Top with remaining caramel cream and chopped candy bars.
- Cover with plastic and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.