Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (3 1/3 ounce) packages microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 (10 ounce) can salted mixed nuts (optional)
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 teaspoons baking soda.
- Combine popcorn and, if desired, nuts in a lightly greased roasting pan. Pour sugar mixture evenly over popcorn. Using a lightly greased spatula, stir well to coat.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on wax paper to cool, breaking apart large clumps as mixture cools.
- Store in airtight containers.