Recipe by PickledSeeds
I found this recipe on a cake mix box. These bars are very easy to make and are moist and chewy. Always a hit at potlucks.
- 1 (18 ounce) package caramel flavored cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, brown sugar and butter in a large bowl - stir until thoroughly blended (mixture will be thick).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake at 375 for 24 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan, cut into bars.