Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light, December 2000. To simplify the making of the topping, substitute bottled fat-free caramel sauce for the sugar and water. Heat the sauce in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir in the raisin mixtures. The raisins should sit in the rum for at least 30 minutes - the longer the better. A galette is a free-form pastry. Slice the banana immediately before arranging them (or add a little lemon juice so as not to discolor). To dress up more, serve warm with vanilla frozen yogurt.
- Combine raisins and rum in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll dough into a 10 1/2-inch circle, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange the banana slices in concentric circles on crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Fold a 2-inch dough border over banana slices, pressing gently to seal (dough will partially cover slices).
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until golden (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat; carefully stir in raisin mixture until combined.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour over banana slices.
- Cut into 6 wedges.