This is a recipe I found on Pillsbury's web site which is easy enough for a weeknight dessert, especially if you premake the crust. You could probably substitue fresh apples for the canned and acheive a wonderful result. I also want to try this with a crust made of gingersnaps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 (6 ounce) containers custard style creme caramel yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 tablespoons caramel topping (bought or homemade)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Remove pie crusts from pouches.
- 2Place 1 crust flat in center of ungreased large cookie sheet.
- 3If necessary, press out folds or creases.
- 4Place second crust flat over first crust, matching edges and pressing to seal.
- 5With rolling pin, roll out into 14-inch round.
- 6Fold 1/2 inch of crust edge under, forming border; press to seal seam.
- 7If desired, flute edge.
- 8Prick crust generously with fork.
- 9Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 11In medium bowl, beat yogurt and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- 12Spread evenly over cooled baked crust.
- 13Spread pie filling evenly over yogurt mixture.
- 14Drizzle caramel topping over top.
- 15Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Caramel Apple Tart
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 217.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: