Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I found on Pillsbury's web site which is easy enough for a weeknight dessert, especially if you premake the crust. You could probably substitue fresh apples for the canned and acheive a wonderful result. I also want to try this with a crust made of gingersnaps.
- 1 (15 ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 (6 ounce) containerscustard style creme caramel yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 tablespoons caramel topping (bought or homemade)
- Heat oven to 375°F Remove pie crusts from pouches.
- Place 1 crust flat in center of ungreased large cookie sheet.
- If necessary, press out folds or creases.
- Place second crust flat over first crust, matching edges and pressing to seal.
- With rolling pin, roll out into 14-inch round.
- Fold 1/2 inch of crust edge under, forming border; press to seal seam.
- If desired, flute edge.
- Prick crust generously with fork.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat yogurt and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Spread evenly over cooled baked crust.
- Spread pie filling evenly over yogurt mixture.
- Drizzle caramel topping over top.
- Cut into wedges.