Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the easiest cakes ever! My mom uses this recipe template to make coffee cakes at church. Try different combinations of cakes and pie fillings! Some favorites: Chocolate cake + cherry pie filling, White cake + blueberry pie filling, Cinnamon swirl cake + apple pie filling, Yellow cake + peach pie filling
- Preheat oven according to cake package directions.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix all ingredients by hand. (A hand mixer tends to mush up the apple pieces.)
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan, pour in batter, spreading evenly to corners.
- OPTIONAL: Before baking, mix some brown sugar with a bit of melted butter and crumble across the top of the cake. Use as much or as little as you like.
- Bake according to cake package directions. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Best served warm with vanilla ice cream, or with coffee at breakfast!