Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend in college. It was super easy to make and my husband ate the entire pan of it within a few days.
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Stir in sugar and corn syrup, mix well.
- Add about 1/5 of the can of evaporated milk, stir until it blends in with the mixture. Keep adding just 1/5 of the can at a time until it's all mixed. Continually stir the mixture making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Heat the caramel until 230-240°F while continuously stirring.
- Pour onto a greased cookie sheet with sides.
- Let it cool completely. Once fully cooled cut and wrap with wax paper.
I like this caramel for making caramel apples. If you don't cook it long enough it's way too soft for wrapping.