Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking for a great side dish to serve with pasta? This is an easy salad to put together, it will complement other things you might serve with an Italian dinner such as crusty Italian bread or Pinot Grigio.
- 2 large firm tomatoes (sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf (torn into small shreds)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- On a large platter arrange tomato slices and Mozarella slices (alternating the slices).
- Sprinkle with basil and capers.
- Season with salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
I had to omit the capers cause they turned out bad. I used a yellow tomato from my garden. It was great. DH loved it. Thanks Dawn :) Made for Healthy tag game
Made this for one! It was fabulous with homegrown tomato and freshly picked basil! Caprese represents summer to me and this is very delicous! I did not use the capers because I do not care for them! Thanks for posting! This was great! Made for Home Garden and Farmer's Market Event in the Photo Forum!
I make this often, and it is often served with Italian dishes at my house, and sometimes as an appetizer. No matter what way I have it, it is always well received and loved!